BACK-UPS RS 800VA

valvanuz fernandez
Hello:

I'm thinking on buying BACK-UPS RS 800VA. In the section of supported
UPS this model doesn't appear.

In the list of hardware support it says:
"BackUPS CS USB, Pro USB, ES USB, RS/XS 1000, RS/XS 1500, and probably
other USB models"
"SmartUPS USB, BackUPS Office USB, and any other USB UPS"

I guess BACK-UPS RS 800VA it is included in "any other USB UPS", but I'm
not sure. Does anybody know if does it works with apcupsd?

Thank you in advanced
Valvanuz

Re: BACK-UPS RS 800VA

Adam Kropelin
On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:31:32AM +0200, valvanuz fernandez wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm thinking on buying BACK-UPS RS 800VA. In the section of supported
> UPS this model doesn't appear.
>
> In the list of hardware support it says:
> "BackUPS CS USB, Pro USB, ES USB, RS/XS 1000, RS/XS 1500, and probably
> other USB models"
> "SmartUPS USB, BackUPS Office USB, and any other USB UPS"
>
> I guess BACK-UPS RS 800VA it is included in "any other USB UPS", but I'm
> not sure. Does anybody know if does it works with apcupsd?

The RS 800 was a latecomer to the RS family which originally included
only the 1000 and 1500, so that's probably why it's not on the supported
list. We fully expect apcupsd to work with it, and I'm fairly sure I
recall folks on the list mentioning they're using that model.

Any one with firsthand knowledge?

--Adam