Back-UPS BF500 always reports ITEMP : 29.2 C

Back-UPS BF500 always reports ITEMP : 29.2 C

apcupsd-4
I've been using apcaccess to log data from a Back-UPS BF500 for about
3.5 years, including the temperature. In all that time, it has reported:

ITEMP    : 29.2 C

no change, ever. 1578376 readings all the same. The room temperature has
varied by over 10 C.

Has anyone ever seen a change in temperature from this UPS? Does it
really have a temperature sensor, or is this hardcoded in the firmware?

Just idle curiosity on my part.

Regards

Allan

Re: Back-UPS BF500 always reports ITEMP : 29.2 C

Jean-David Beyer-2
On 08/25/2016 05:41 AM, Allan wrote:

> I've been using apcaccess to log data from a Back-UPS BF500 for about
> 3.5 years, including the temperature. In all that time, it has reported:
>
> ITEMP    : 29.2 C
>
> no change, ever. 1578376 readings all the same. The room temperature has
> varied by over 10 C.
>
> Has anyone ever seen a change in temperature from this UPS? Does it
> really have a temperature sensor, or is this hardcoded in the firmware?

I have an APC Smart-UPS 2200  and it logs once a day automatically.
Highest I noticed was 38.2 and lowest was 20.7.

Heat in my house tries to maintain 69F and no AC in the summer.

Funny thing is that the high temperatures were in February 2016. I admit
it was a mild winter, but I am not sure why the UPS would be that hot
inside. New Batteries in August 2015. It does have a temperature
controlled fan inside that turns on if the unit feels too hot.

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer          Registered Linux User 85642.
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.