COMMLOST.....

Seamus

Hi all,

             I have a very simple setup – 1x win7 machine connected to a Backup ups RS 1000 by usb cable and 1 x fedora server 23 ---- both on the same network. Both machines can share files etc etc so network communication is perfectly fine as far as the two boxes go..

I installed the apcupsd on the windows box (I need this as master as it will be on all the time, the linux box may not) and set it up and its working fine, the apctray app is displaying perfectly. Then I setup the apcupsd on the linux box for a slave (nis) connection but no matter what I do, I just get commlost! I have been at this for two days and have changed the .conf files on both machines HUNDREDS of times through googling so I have absolutely NO IDEA if they are set up correctly or not – it seems every page you go to has a different version and to be honest my head is wrecked!!!!!!!

I have posted my .conf from win7 box (master NIS – which is still working as far as the apctray app is concerned although I have changed it so much it is undoubtedly messed up!) and my .conf from the linux box (again so many changes that’s probably messed up as well at this stage!)

Windows 7 .conf file:

## apcupsd.conf v1.1 ##

UPSCABLE usb

UPSTYPE usb

LOCKFILE /var/lock

UPSCLASS standalone

UPSMODE disable

NETSERVER on

NISIP 0.0.0.0

NISPORT 3551

Linux .conf file:

## apcupsd.conf v1.1 ##

UPSCABLE ether

UPSTYPE net

LOCKFILE /var/tmp

DEVICE 192.168.0.100:3551

UPSCLASS standalone

UPSMODE disable

POLLTIME 10

NETSERVER on

NISPORT 3551

Can somebody kind out there please have a look and point me in the right direction….please! BTW, I have added port 3551 to both machines firewalls.

Many thanks

Avast logo

Re: COMMLOST.....

Ted Mittelstaedt-5
Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Advanced, Inbound Rule - add a rule
that says permit the apcupsd service to open whatever ports it wants.

Probably should be in the manual.

Ted