COMMLOST,, usb,, RS800

Dave Thompson
After several hours of google, I am at a loss
It all worked OK for several months untill a reboot 3 days ago
apcupsd (3.14.13) -> apcupsd-ups -> upsd (NUT)  (Magiea5)
(I like knutclient)
I moved the usb cable to 4 different sockets, 1 even usb3, still COMMLOST
cable is RJ50 -> USB
So I plugged into my laptop, everything worked OK, (apcupsd 3.14.10)
Then set up NUT (on desktop), everything worked OK (usbhid-ups -> upsd)
I prefer apcupsd, but don't know what to do next
I have 666 all usbhid? and hidraw? in dev

apcupsd.conf (de-hashed)

UPSNAME RS800
UPSCABLE usb
UPSTYPE usb