Compatibility Software APC UPS Daemon with UPS and Operating System

Compatibility Software APC UPS Daemon with UPS and Operating System

Janik Furger

Dear Support

Can I Use this Software with the UPS Model Back-UPS RS 550GI and the Operating System Windows Small Business Server 2011?

And can i also configure in the software, than the ups should shut down the device, when the battery have just 5min available?

Thank you for your support.

Regards
Janik Furger

vogt elektro ag
schneckenb├╝hlstr. 1
3652 Hilterfingen
Tel. 0332430550
Fax. 0332430552
www.vogt-elektro.ch

Re: Compatibility Software APC UPS Daemon with UPS and Operating System

Ted Mittelstaedt-5
Yes, it should work with the USB driver.  NUT claims support for usbhid
which is the generic UPS protocol, apcupsd should be able to deal with
this.  apcupsd will shut down Server 2008 R2 just fine.  But I would not
wait until 5 minutes of battery is left because when batteries age the
UPS tends to not correctly estimate the amount of time the battery will
last.

Ted