Fatal Error in pcnet.c at line 669

Kyle Johanson

I have looked for an answer to my issue and found someone with a very similar issue but it wasn’t clear as to how it was solved.  The person stated that they added a powerchute client and his issue was solved without any detail. I looked at the powerchute web interface setup of the PC9630 card I have with an SMT-1500 but my confusion is what IP do you use the UPS or the server that is trying to be shut down?  In addition I have two outlet groups how do I control each group individually, I am guessing each client should be the server IP that I am trying to shut down??

To summarize I am having an issue getting an SMT1500 UPS with a AP9630 network management card to work correctly.  I am not a Linux expert by any means but did manage to download the tarball, complied it and added the configure option of –enable-pcnet successfully.

Ubuntu 14.04

APCUPSD Version – 3.14.14

What happens is when I run apctest it errors out and I am not sure exactly why.  I set the username from the selection of apc or device to apc in the shutdown menu and set a passphrase longer than 15 characters

I can ping the UPS from the Ubuntu machine successfully.

The firmware on the APC AP9630 has been updated to the latest version.

2017-02-10 15:58:45 apctest 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) debian

Checking configuration ...

sharenet.type = Network & ShareUPS Disabled

cable.type = Ethernet Link

mode.type = PCNET UPS Driver

Setting up the port ...

apctest FATAL ERROR in pcnet.c at line 669

Cannot bind socket (98)

## apcupsd.conf v1.1 ##

UPSCABLE ether

UPSTYPE pcnet

DEVICE 192.168.50.5:apc:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LOCKFILE /var/lock

SCRIPTDIR /etc/apcupsd

PWRFAILDIR /etc/apcupsd

NOLOGINDIR /etc

ONBATTERYDELAY 6

BATTERYLEVEL 5

MINUTES 3

TIMEOUT 0

ANNOY 300

ANNOYDELAY 60

NOLOGON disable

KILLDELAY 0

NETSERVER on

NISIP 127.0.0.1

NISPORT 3551

EVENTSFILE /var/log/apcupsd.events

EVENTSFILEMAX 10

UPSCLASS standalone

UPSMODE disable

STATTIME 0

STATFILE /var/log/apcupsd.status

LOGSTATS on

DATATIME 0

Any thoughts on what I might try to do to fix this?

New 17th Yr KRJ Signature