Lost comm when connected via USB (Mac)

Walter Starks-2
I know this has been an issue for a while. Since installing apcupsd 3.14.14 I have been able to get comms working. Sometimes it works properly after a reboot. Sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable. Today it has failed completely. I have rebooted several times and reconnected the usb over and over without success.

Not sure if it’s related to the problem, but I see this in the logs-

7/23/16 9:09:47.189 PM apcupsd[170]: Valid lock file for pid=177, but not ours pid=170
7/23/16 9:09:47.190 PM apcupsd[170]: apcupsd FATAL ERROR in apcupsd.c at line 221
Unable to create UPS lock file.
  If apcupsd or apctest is already running,
  please stop it and run this program again.
7/23/16 9:09:47.190 PM apcupsd[170]: Valid lock file for pid=177, but not ours pid=170
7/23/16 9:09:47.190 PM apcupsd[170]: apcupsd error shutdown completed
7/23/16 9:09:47.191 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (org.apcupsd.apcupsd[63]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

apcupsd.conf attached

Not sure if this is the correct configuration file? I also see apcupsd.conf.new in the same location???

___________________

Walter Starks

You never can tell with bees. ~ Winnie-the-Pooh

apcupsd.conf (20K) Download Attachment

Re: Lost comm when connected via USB (Mac)

Trevor Roydhouse
Walter Starks wrote on 07/24/16 11:59:
> I know this has been an issue for a while. Since installing apcupsd
> 3.14.14 I have been able to get comms working. Sometimes it works
> properly after a reboot. Sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect
> the usb cable. Today it has failed completely. I have rebooted several
> times and reconnected the usb over and over without success.
>
> Not sure if it’s related to the problem, but I see this in the logs-

Looks unrelated. The log file shows...

> 7/23/16 9:09:47.189 PM apcupsd[170]: Valid lock file for pid=177, but
> not ours pid=170
> 7/23/16 9:09:47.190 PM apcupsd[170]: apcupsd FATAL ERROR in apcupsd.c at
> line 221
> Unable to create UPS lock file.
>    If apcupsd or apctest is already running,
>    please stop it and run this program again.

...the exact problem - you have a stale lock file for apcupsd (assuming
it is not already running and that apctest is also not already running).
The solution is to delete the stale lock file and restart.

Re: Lost comm when connected via USB (Mac)

Walter Starks-2
Think I found it. Thanks for the info.
/private/var/tmp/LCK..