Re: debug win32 apcupsd version

Frank Wagner

> Please, there's no need to post to the list three times with the same
> question. I assume you're reading the other mails on the list, in which
> case you should know that I'm already working with another user to
> investigate the exact same problem. There's no point in badgering us for
> an answer.

Hi there Adam,

i have still the problem debuging the deamon. I don't know how to test this
better
und how to solve the problem.
I tested the -d1000 switch, but there is no output in /apcupsd/etc/apcupsd.

I don't want to bother you and the list. My secound posting was made by
mistake.
i didn't want so post it again.

Frank

Satte Provisionen f?r GMX Partner: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/partner

Re: Re: debug win32 apcupsd version

Adam Kropelin
Frank Wagner wrote:

>> Please, there's no need to post to the list three times with the same
>> question. I assume you're reading the other mails on the list, in
>> which case you should know that I'm already working with another
>> user to investigate the exact same problem. There's no point in
>> badgering us for an answer.
>

> Hi there Adam,
>
> i have still the problem debuging the deamon. I don't know how to
> test this better
> und how to solve the problem.
> I tested the -d1000 switch, but there is no output in
> /apcupsd/etc/apcupsd.
>
> I don't want to bother you and the list. My secound posting was made
> by mistake.
> i didn't want so post it again.

The other user who experienced this problem discovered he had a faulty
Netgear router between the Windows XP machine and the server. Do you
have any suspect routers or switches on your network? Have you disabled
the Windows XP firewall?

--Adam

Adam Kropelin schrieb:

> The other user who experienced this problem discovered he had a faulty
> Netgear router between the Windows XP machine and the server. Do you
> have any suspect routers or switches on your network? Have you
> disabled the Windows XP firewall?
>
> --Adam

Hi Adam,

no, my problem is not a network problem. I start the deamon on the
machine where
the smart-ups is attached by a serial cable. And as soo as i start the
daemon the following
debug messages pop up until i kill the deamon.

Wed Aug 31 13:23:41     2005  Communications with UPS lost.
Wed Aug 31 13:23:42     2005  Communications with UPS lost.
Wed Aug 31 13:23:43     2005  Communications with UPS restored.
Wed Aug 31 13:23:42     2005  Communications with UPS restored.

Another pc is not producing logfiles at all. i don't know why. i start
apcupsd
and the eventsfile stays empty.

My question is, how can i get more information on seening whats happening?

Frank