STATUS : COMMLOST with USB and APC CS 350 on Debian

STATUS : COMMLOST with USB and APC CS 350 on Debian

hamdyaea
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I installed the apcupsd software on my debian linux. I edited the conf file like in the manual for the usb etc.
I installed the version 3.14.14. I always loose the communication with the usb.
When I reboot the linux I have this error message after a fey minutes :

Broadcast Message from root@netipc
        (somewhere) at 10:37 ...

Warning communications lost with UPS APC350
                                                                                                                                                 MAXTIME  : 0 Seconds        INTIMEL : 3 Minutes

root@netipc:/etc/apcupsd# apcaccess
APC      : 001,018,0439
DATE     : 2017-03-30 10:20:29 +0200
HOSTNAME : netipc
VERSION  : 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) debian
UPSNAME  : APC350
CABLE    : USB Cable
DRIVER   : USB UPS Driver
UPSMODE  : Stand Alone
STARTTIME: 2017-03-30 10:19:19 +0200
STATUS   : COMMLOST
MBATTCHG : 5 Percent
MINTIMEL : 3 Minutes
MAXTIME  : 0 Seconds
NUMXFERS : 0
TONBATT  : 0 Seconds
CUMONBATT: 0 Seconds
XOFFBATT : N/A
STATFLAG : 0x05000100
END APC  : 2017-03-30 10:26:00 +0200

and

2017-03-30 10:27:34 apctest 3.14.14 (31 May 2016) debian
Checking configuration ...
sharenet.type = Network & ShareUPS Disabled
cable.type = USB Cable
mode.type = USB UPS Driver
apctest FATAL ERROR in apctest.c at line 313
Unable to create UPS lock file.
  If apcupsd or apctest is already running,
  please stop it and run this program again.
apctest error termination completed

My debian version is :

root@netipc:/etc/apcupsd# lsb_release -da
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        6.0.6
Codename:       squeeze

Re: STATUS : COMMLOST with USB and APC CS 350 on Debian

Trevor Roydhouse
hamdyaea wrote on 30/03/2017 19:35:
> apctest FATAL ERROR in apctest.c at line 313
> Unable to create UPS lock file.
>   If apcupsd or apctest is already running,
>   please stop it and run this program again.
> apctest error termination completed

So did you follow this advice and shutdown apcupsd first?

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: STATUS : COMMLOST with USB and APC CS 350 on Debian

hamdyaea

Yes I did it but I still can't communicate with it.

Am 31.03.2017 um 00:53 schrieb Trevor Roydhouse:
hamdyaea wrote on 30/03/2017 19:35:
apctest FATAL ERROR in apctest.c at line 313
Unable to create UPS lock file.
  If apcupsd or apctest is already running,
  please stop it and run this program again.
apctest error termination completed

So did you follow this advice and shutdown apcupsd first?

Hamdy ABOU EL ANEIN

BiLL GmbH

Bollstrasse 43
CH-3076 Worb

Tel.: +41 31 832 40 54

Fax.: +41 31 832 40 55

Mobil: +41 79 405 31 85

Mail: [hidden email]

http://www.billgmbh.ch

Diese Mitteilung ist nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Für den Fall, dass sie von nicht berechtigten Personen empfangen wird, bitten wir diese, die Mitteilung an den Absender zurückzusenden und anschließend die Mitteilung mit allen Anhängen sowie allfällige Kopien zu löschen. Der nicht berechtigte Gebrauch und die Verbreitung der Information sind verboten.

This message is intended only for the named recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this information is strictly prohibited.