Support for AP9623 Smart-Signaling UPS Interface Expander?

Support for AP9623 Smart-Signaling UPS Interface Expander?

Walsh Computer Technology
Hello all,

I have an APC AP9623 smart-signaling UPS expander board that I would like to use with apcupsd. This particular board fits into an APC SmartSlot expansion area and utilizes the APC Smart/UPSlink protocol. A null modem cable is utilized to communicate with the host instead of the usual 940-0024 cable. I searched against the mailing list with the model number and did not find any results. This seems to be something of an unusual board.

Unless I've missed something, apcupsd doesn't seem to offer a null modem cable (APC #940-0103) selection in its list of cable types. Is it possible for this cable type to be added? If it is already supported, or there is an option by which a custom cable could be defined, how might I go about using it?

William