UPS efficiency?

Rajil Saraswat-2

Hello

Is there any benefit of going with a 2200VA model if 1000VA is sufficient for future proofing?

Thanks

Re: UPS efficiency?

Ted Mittelstaedt-5
Unless the number and/or size of the batteries is physically larger,
then no.   Greater battery capacity means longer runtime at a lower
utilization.

Consider your mains supply.  A 2200va model must be fed from a dedicated
20A circuit (with 120v power)   If you are plugging it into a shared
circuit you may not even have the capacity to use the UPS full capacity.

Ted

On 5/5/2016 6:34 AM, Rajil Saraswat wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there any benefit of going with a 2200VA model if 1000VA is
> sufficient for future proofing?
>
> Thanks

Re: UPS efficiency?

Mark Claussen
I'm sure you realize that the wattage is the determining power rating for your system to work properly - VA determines the current requirements from you "mains".

After refurbishing many units in this size range, the unit I like the best is the SUM1500RMXL.  It has a large battery capacity, simple operation, no LCD to worry about, and high efficiency and power factor.  Just my opinion.

Mark

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Rajil Saraswat <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

Is there any benefit of going with a 2200VA model if 1000VA is sufficient for future proofing?

Thanks

Re: UPS efficiency?

Jernej Simončič-3
On Thursday, May 5, 2016, 17:25:47, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Unless the number and/or size of the batteries is physically larger,
> then no.   Greater battery capacity means longer runtime at a lower
> utilization.

We've got SUA2200I at work, and it uses the same batteries as
SUA1500I, but uses two pairs instead of 1 (both use different
batteries compared to SUA1000I).

> Consider your mains supply.  A 2200va model must be fed from a dedicated
> 20A circuit (with 120v power)   If you are plugging it into a shared
> circuit you may not even have the capacity to use the UPS full capacity.

At least in Slovenia (and I'd expect it's the same in most of mainland
Europe), a special circuit isn't needed, since a single outlet can
supply 16A at 230V.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The perversity of the universe tends to a maximum.
       -- Finagle's Law According to Niven