Unexpected poweroff of controlling system on a test

Unexpected poweroff of controlling system on a test

Phil Reynolds
I am getting on quite well with apcupsd and my SMT1000I now, but on the
last test I did, the system to which the UPS is USB-connected was made
to poweroff rather than halt.

Background: it's a Debian jessie system, and I cleared out the old
apcupsd configuration to attempt to use the version in testing
(stretch), in order to get round the "cannot killpower without an
artificial delay" problem (the stretch version supports systemd better).

Everything works as intended, even with the system going into poweroff
state, but I would be happier if it merely went into halt like all the
others do (I have three other Debian jessie systems on the UPS).

What should I modify to correct this minor annoyance?

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: [hidden email]

Re: Unexpected poweroff of controlling system on a test

Phil Reynolds
On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 14:22:53 +0000
Phil Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am getting on quite well with apcupsd and my SMT1000I now, but on
> the last test I did, the system to which the UPS is USB-connected was
> made to poweroff rather than halt.
>
> Background: it's a Debian jessie system, and I cleared out the old
> apcupsd configuration to attempt to use the version in testing
> (stretch), in order to get round the "cannot killpower without an
> artificial delay" problem (the stretch version supports systemd
> better).
>
> Everything works as intended, even with the system going into poweroff
> state, but I would be happier if it merely went into halt like all the
> others do (I have three other Debian jessie systems on the UPS).
>
> What should I modify to correct this minor annoyance?

Ah, issue found...

In the "apccontrol" script installed as standard, the shutdown is done
with -h, which on a normal Debian setup powers the system down.

Changing it to -H should cause a halt.