Update your battery constant list for SU3000NET, it's 96

Update your battery constant list for SU3000NET, it's 96

David Harrison
Greetings, Your battery constant list has been very helpful for most of my
projects, however it didnt have the SU3000NET on it, after corresponding
with APC/Schneider Electric they've informed me the battery constant is
"96".

I've been using your daemon happily for a bit so I thought I should pass
it along.

David Harrison

Recently you requested personal assistance from the Schneider Electric
Customer Care Center through our on-line support center supporting APC
products. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
within 21 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Schneider Electric. You have reached APC's
customer care center email support. I would be happy to assist you.

I understand that your UPS is not updating the runtime after installing
the new battery. I will certainly assist you with that.

David, I would suggest that you to perform a battery runtime calibration.
A manual runtime calibration is the process of completely discharging a
battery by simulating a power outage (pulling the plug of the UPS from the
AC power circuit). This process is sometimes necessary in order to reset
the estimated runtime calculation if it does not appear to be correct.

Please follow the below steps to perform the calibration:

1. Battery must be at 100% capacity when the Runtime Calibration is
initiated/started.

2. The UPS must have at least a 30% load on it during the calibration.

3. The load cannot fluctuate more than +/- 5% during the calibration.

4. The battery must be discharged to at least 25% capacity (it is best to
allow the UPS to shut off due to a discharged battery).

The battery constant value for the SU3000NET model UPS is 96.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by
responding to this incident. It would be my pleasure to ensure that your
issue is quickly resolved!

Solutions to most common customer problems can be found in our APC
Knowledge Base which can be found at:

http://www.apc.com/support/answers.cfm

Thank you for choosing Schneider Electric!

Raghavendra Rao  |   Schneider Electric
Site: www.schneider-electric.com

Re: Update your battery constant list for SU3000NET, it's 96

Adam Kropelin-3
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM, David Harrison <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings, Your battery constant list has been very helpful for most of my
projects, however it didnt have the SU3000NET on it, after corresponding
with APC/Schneider Electric they've informed me the battery constant is
"96".

I've been using your daemon happily for a bit so I thought I should pass
it along.

Thanks, Dave. I've added it to the manual.

--Adam