What is the best SOHO apcupsd compatible apc to buy?

What is the best SOHO apcupsd compatible apc to buy?

ferg22
Hello all,

I have used apcupsd with different APC units over the years
with mixed success. Especially after changing or recalibrating
the batteries. Generally recalibrating fails which causes the
apcupsd to misbehave when it really matters.

I was wondering what is the best most compatible APC to use with
apcupsd.
        -) 1000 or 1500 models
        -) logs temperature along with the other APC status variables
        -) lets me replace and recalibrating batteries
        -) allows me to maintain power till APC is almost flat
        -) allows killpower to do its thing (on a macos 10.6 - 10. 10)
        -) reapplies output power when mains reappears.

New or I second hand - I dont mind.

Thanks in advance Fergus

Re: What is the best SOHO apcupsd compatible apc to buy?

Nicolas Mailloux
For calibrating the battery, I read that it is better to do it manually :
Change the batteries
Let the UPS charge them
Find a source that will constantly drain between 30-50% for the UPS load capacity. (big incandescent bulb for example)
Let the batteries run out
Power off the ups
Unplug the load
Power on the UPS without anything attached
Let it charge completely.