Windows Multiple APC UPS's

Rocco, Maria N.

Hi,

I have downloaded version 3.14.14 of apcupsd. I am running this on a windows 7 machine. I am trying to connect to 2 identical UPS’s via usb cables. I have successfully connected to one and ran the apctest executable. The only feature I need is to query the battery level every 1 min – pretty simple. So my plan was to run the apctest and parse the data out to get simply the battery level (%).

Does anyone know if it is possible to query multiple batteries on a windows machine? And please let me know if anyone can think of a better way to go about querying just the battery level of 2 ups’s.

Thanks,

Maria Rocco

Notice: This email and any attachments may contain proprietary (Draper non-public) and/or export-controlled information of Draper. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and immediately destroy all copies of this email.

Re: Windows Multiple APC UPS's

Ted Mittelstaedt-5

An explanation of how to get multiple apcupsd instances to run under
Windows is here:

http://apcupsd-ups-control-software.10985.n7.nabble.com/Multiple-Instances-of-the-apcupsd-Windows-Service-td6102.html

I don't know if that still works.  I'd look at the code.  You can
also just load the code and recompile it for Windows then go in and
rename things and compile it again.

You can select different USB upses in the config files this way:

http://apcupsd-ups-control-software.10985.n7.nabble.com/3-14-10-changes-to-support-multiple-instances-td8009.html

I don't think your apctest idea sounds very good.

Ted