apcaccess.exe APC Back-UPS BR900G-GR refresh value

apcaccess.exe APC Back-UPS BR900G-GR refresh value

Robin Eric R.E. Poot

When using apcaccess.exe on Windows Server 2012 R2 I am not getting different values every second. I want to collect data every few seconds since I am trying to graph the power usage of my UPS (NOMPOWER / 100 * MBATTCHG).

Is this because my UPS collects its own data whenever it wants, and whenever you use apcaccess.exe you retrieve this data it reports the values it collected? If so, does anyone know whenever the APC Back-UPS BR900G-GR refreshes those values?

Re: apcaccess.exe APC Back-UPS BR900G-GR refresh value

Ted Mittelstaedt-5
You are trying to use a UPS as a high precision measuring instrument
when it is not designed to be one.

99.999% of UPS customers who collect power usage data are perfectly
happy if the measurement reporting interval is every minute, because
they are buying power by the kilowatt/hour not by the kilowatt/minute or
kilowatt/second.  They care about average usage over much larger periods
of time than every few seconds.  So they get the same average if they
sample every 60 seconds vs sampling every few seconds.

The electronics needed for higher resolution measurements of power
are more expensive and are thus not used in a UPS.

Ted