apcupsd doesn't switch off the ups after power off

apcupsd doesn't switch off the ups after power off

zamek42
Hi All,

I use a Debian stable on a Lenovo Thinkcenter machine with an Back UPS
cs 350.

It needs to follow the working of including technology. When the
technology started, the computer need to on, and when the technology
powers off, the computer need to shutdown and ups power off.

Everything is ok, the ups shut downs the computer, but after shutdown,
the ups is working forever.

My configuration is:

MINUTES 1

TIMEOUT 15

ANNOY 15

ANNOYDELAY 5

KILLDELAY 60

Maybe the killdelay is the delay after shutdown?

--
thx
Zoltan (Zamek) Zidarics

Re: apcupsd doesn't switch off the ups after power off

Ted Mittelstaedt-5
You are lucky

For a handful of years APC made the BackUPS 350 and BackUPS 500 to be
able to speak the upslink protocol.  But it is not a complete
implementation.  It's sort of a Smart UPS Lite.  And different years
had more or less functions.  I have a couple of these and one is older
than the other - it reports less data than the newer one.

The CS line went out of production a while ago.

Trial and error with this model line.

Ted

On 3/15/2017 12:27 AM, zamek42 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I use a Debian stable on a Lenovo Thinkcenter machine with an Back UPS
> cs 350.
>
> It needs to follow the working of including technology. When the
> technology started, the computer need to on, and when the technology
> powers off, the computer need to shutdown and ups power off.
>
> Everything is ok, the ups shut downs the computer, but after shutdown,
> the ups is working forever.
>
> My configuration is:
>
> MINUTES 1
>
> TIMEOUT 15
>
> ANNOY 15
>
> ANNOYDELAY 5
>
> KILLDELAY 60
>
> Maybe the killdelay is the delay after shutdown?

Re: apcupsd doesn't switch off the ups after power off [SOLVED]

zamek42
Hi All,

I upgraded the op.sys from debian jessie to debian testing and it works
well:)

thx for your help,