apcupsd in El Capitan: prevents writing to USB thumb drives

apcupsd in El Capitan: prevents writing to USB thumb drives

Murray Eisenberg
Since installing apcupsd 3.14.14 under OS X El Capitan (10.11.5) on my late 2015 iMac with a USB connection to a  BR1500LCD Back-UPS,
I am unable to write to any external USB 2.0 or 3.0 thumb drive, or even to use Disk Utility to erase/format such a thumb drive. (It does _not_ interfere with burning DVDs on the external Apple USB SuperDrive.)

With earlier versions of apcupsd under El Capitan, although also I was getting from apcaccess the Status COMMLOST, at least it was not interfering with such thumb drives.

If I run apcupsd-uninstall and reboot, then the USB thumb drives function normally.

Is there some way to have both apcupsd running under El Capitan _and_ allow writing to USB thumb drives?

---
Murray Eisenberg [hidden email]
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667 Mobile (413)-427-5334