apcupsd --killpower - when is it supposed to be triggered?

apcupsd --killpower - when is it supposed to be triggered?

Phil Reynolds
I've been testing my UPS setup and have discovered that my master
machine is not requesting "killpower".

When is this, under normal setup, supposed to happen? Once it has been
issued, how long does the power stay on? The machine is running Debian
(stable).

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: [hidden email]

Re: apcupsd --killpower - when is it supposed to be triggered?

Phil Reynolds
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:17:19 +0100
Phil Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been testing my UPS setup and have discovered that my master
> machine is not requesting "killpower".
>
> When is this, under normal setup, supposed to happen? Once it has been
> issued, how long does the power stay on? The machine is running Debian
> (stable).

I have made the suggested modifications to /etc/init.d/halt, but it
made no difference. Have also opted to mount the necessary filesystems
read-only in the killpower script. It still is not being triggered.
This is the last outstanding issue in my setup.