apcupsd on a raspberry Pi

Brian Nelson-8
How much interest would exist if I had apcupsd compiled, configured, and installed on a raspberry Pi?
Besides adding a DB9 serial port, would anyone want any other devices or customizations?

I am considering sponsoring this as a Sr Design project for the Fall 2017 semester.

Brian Nelson
Dept of Computer Science
UT Dallas

Re: apcupsd on a raspberry Pi

Nicolas Mailloux

I already installed it on a Pi. It’s in the Rapsbian repository. Although may not be the latest version.

Re: apcupsd on a raspberry Pi

Brian,

What's really needed is a port of it to vmware's ESXi 5, 5.5 and 6

I did a port to ESXi4   But it's of an older version.  And Vmware
changed to requiring .vibs for later ESXi versions and basically
increased the development complexity tremendously.  Also my port
requires ssh to the ESXi system and we want a port that is manageable
from Vsphere Client.

Ted