re: apcupsd power down error

dave-5
 Hi,
    Thanks for list replies on my power down issue. I don't know when the
box will next go
 through another of these strange powerdowns, it did this morning.
 Sometimes i'm not around, other times i am but can't get to it right
 away. Is there another way i can get you the information, without needing
console access,  to take a
 guess at this issue?
 Thanks.
 Dave.

Re: re: apcupsd power down error

Adam Kropelin
On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 10:52:50PM -0400, dave wrote:
>  Hi,
>     Thanks for list replies on my power down issue. I don't know when the
> box will next go
>  through another of these strange powerdowns, it did this morning.
>  Sometimes i'm not around, other times i am but can't get to it right
>  away. Is there another way i can get you the information, without needing
> console access,  to take a guess at this issue?

You can run apcaccess remotely by passing it the hostname and port
number as command line parameters. You could use the same 'while'
loop command line I sent previously from a remote machine by adding the
hostname and port number.

It's also ok to just start that command and let it run. The log file
will get pretty big, but it's not like you have to be sitting at the
console waiting for the problem to strike. Just start up the command and
let it run until you notice that the problem has ocurred. Then trim the
log file down so it shows the interesting stuff.

--Adam